Register to Join the Cabaret Connexion Tour de France, September 2019
While details get finalized, we've centered the dates from arrival on September 12 to departure September 22, with some optional add-ons before and after. Please let us know now your intent to join us and we can complete our plans together.
Register using the form here
Singers, auditors, pianists, venue managers and presenters, journalists and historians, arts administrators, and aficionados of cabaret song:
come together to advance the art of cabaret! Be part of an ongoing international conversation:
What is cabaret, why is it relevant today, how can we bring new practitioners and audiences to this art form, and how do we develop our craft?
The conference will take place in four cities in France, from Sè:te and Montpellier in the South to Paris and nearby Joinville-le-Pont a half-day train ride away.
We are looking to have sessions on theatre improv and clowning led by Coralie Arguel, English and French diction for singers with Jacques Protat and Greta Pope, song interpretation led by Claudia Hommel, opera to cabaret techniques with Christine Steyer, the singer-pianist partnership with Jean-Claude Orfali, burlesquing with Kyle Hustedt, songwriting with Elizabeth Doyle, Staging your song with Christian Pagès.
We encourage amateur singers, novices, and fans to sign up as auditors to observe your choice of sessions and to participate in group-based workshops.
- We invite all participants to make additional donations to support the conference and provide financial aid to others.
- A limited amount of financial aid will be available on a case-by-case basis. Don't hesitate to contact us.
- Several optional activities may be offered before and after the conference:
- A visit to Josephine Baker's chateau in Dordogne,
- Dining and lodging at a nearby inn that hosts musical soirées and therefore ours!
- A day-trip to Giverny to visit Monet's house and gardens.
- A two-day trip to London to visit our cabaret cohorts there.
Our French hosts will be working on finding homestays, and we will also put together a package of inexpensive hotels and apartments.
Correspondant en FRANCE
Yves Bertrand : 06 30 25 22 49
Correspondent in CHICAGO
Claudia Hommel : 1-773-509-9360