Register to Join the Cabaret Connexion Tour de France, September 2019
Singers, auditors, pianists, venue managers and presenters, journalists and historians, and aficionados of cabaret song: come together to advance the art of cabaret! The Chicago Paris Cabaret Connexion returns to France for ten days of song, master classes, concerts, camaraderie, sightseeing in Sète and Montpellier in the South, Joinville-le-Pont and, of course, the birthplace of cabaret, Paris.
Be part of an ongoing international conversation. What is cabaret? Why is it relevant today? How can we bring new practitioners and audiences to this art form? How do we develop our craft?
To reserve your spot, register using the form at right
Sessions on theatre improv and clowning led by Coralie Arguel, English and French diction for singers with Jacques Protat and Greta Pope, patter and show structure led by Claudia Hommel, compare and share opera and cabaret with Christine Steyer and singers from the National Opera of Montpellier, the singer-pianist partnership with Jean-Claude Orfali, vocal resonances with Clotilde Rullaud, using objects on stage with Yael Rasooly, burlesquing with Kyle Hustedt, songwriting with Elizabeth Doyle, staging your song with Christian Pagès.
We encourage amateur singers, novices, and fans to sign up as auditors to observe your choice of sessions and to participate in group-based workshops.
- Conference Registration Fee for $820 includes:
- 30 hours or more of master classes and workshops
- Performance opportunities
- Cover charges for concerts and clubs, including entrance to the famed Lapin Agile
- Land Package for $1,760 includes:
- Transfer from Charles de Gaulle airport to Paris Gare de Lyon train station for those arriving the morning of September 12
- Hotel for four nights in Montpellier
- Hotel for six nights in Paris
- Round trip train travel from Paris to Montpellier
- Welcome dinner in Montpellier
- Dinner in Sète
- Two dinners in Paris
Not including: airfare from the U.S.; some breakfasts, all lunches, six dinners; incidental transportation in Paris, Montpellier and Sète (from town to town is approximately $10 shared) and tourist activities.
- We invite all participants to make additional donations to support the conference and provide financial aid to others. Visit our Support page to make your tax-deductible donation today!
- A limited amount of financial aid will be available on a case-by-case basis. Click here to fill out a brief but important Request Form.
Don't hesitate to contact us at 773-509-9360 or email@example.com.
- Our French hosts are also working on finding homestays for those requesting assistance.
Checks are payable and sent to Working in Concert PO Box 259327
Chicago IL 60625
To pay by Zelle or Venmo, please contact Claudia@workinginconcert.org. A 3% surcharge is applied when paying by credit card.
- If you are called for a gig that you can't refuse or another urgent matter prevents you from traveling:
- Cancel by August 1 and you will be refunded 50% of the fee.
- Cancel by September 1 and you will be refunded 25% of the fee.
- There is no refund available after September 1. We recommend getting the appropriate travel insurance if you may be facing a reversal of plans.
- Several optional activities may be offered before and after the conference:
- A day-trip to Giverny to visit Monet's house and gardens.
- A two-day trip to London to visit our cabaret cohorts there.
Correspondant en FRANCE
Yves Bertrand : 06 30 25 22 49
Correspondent in CHICAGO
Claudia Hommel : 1-773-509-9360